Hooray For The Weekend

Friday 23 March 2012

I saw this photo on one of my favourite blogs this week (A Cup Of Jo - the article was on a different topic entirely.. to pee or not to pee in front of your partner, surely the answer being no! There's intimacy and then there's letting all the mystery slip out of your relationship!! However, I digress..!) and I can't stop thinking about how cool this Orla Kiely Stem wallpaper looks in this downstairs bathroom.  If I had a house big enough to have a downstairs cloakroom, I'd love to copy this style!  It's such a great burst of colour and print, hiding out in a room which ordinarily could be quite plain.

Image via Cup of Jo





I love Orla Kiely prints (I have a couple of her print notebooks which I love) and it's fun to see how other people have used her prints around the house - this bold orange stem print version has been used in such an original way on the stairs.. It's a really bold statement without interrupting the flow of the white/wood minimal look around the rest of the house.  Beautiful!





I think this orange version of the stem print would look great in a baby/kids room too, really fun and bright.  Unfortunately, I've yet to track it down for sale on the internet yet - if anyone can find it let me know!! 

Image via Design*Sponge

Here's a couple of other things that have made me smile this week...

How adorable is this pillow from Oeuf NYC - Tabby's still at the stage of cutting a few more teeth, not losing them, but when she's ready I'm definitely going to get one of these for when the tooth fairy comes to visit!


Here's my little niece, Marni, in her first sunhat! Too cute!


Have a lovely weekend! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

neat little things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger