New Routines

Wednesday 23 May 2012

So it turns out I've not fallen off the edge of the earth but in fact just discovered how crazy it is to have two kids! I'm sure it'll get easier as Sam is only 6 weeks so still tiny but at the moment it seems impossible to have any control over my time and what I can get done during the day.  I read this yesterday on Merry Mishap and which made me smile as I thought yes, my thoughts exactly!  I think I'm driving Mec mad with my constant nagging about the state of the house but keeping it clean and tidy just seems so overwhelming at the moment and being at home all day means it's all I can see and think about! I feel like ordering a large skip and chucking all our stuff out (except for the essentials - if I could work out what those are!)

Now that I'm trying to adjust to a new routine it's become really interesting to me to know how other mothers manage their time, and whether I could be doing things better/differently to carve out some time for myself.  There was this great series called My Balance a while back on Cup Of Jo which interviewed several mums about their day to day routines - it's an interesting read if you want to check it out.  Admittedly they're all working mums and have to balance family life with work life, which I do not, but it's still interesting to take a sneak peak into other people's lives, and one day I'll have to return to work in some way or another!

It would be great to see some interviews like this of local mothers who juggle parenting with work or other interests.  How do you fit it all in? Do you wish you could find a better way of managing your time?
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

neat little things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger