Wedding Anniversary

Friday 18 April 2014

It seems crazy to think about, but in 1 month my husband and I will be celebrating 7 years of marriage! We got together when I was 22, back during my uni days, so we've been together a lot longer than 7 years, but for some reason this anniversary seems like a bit of a milestone.  Maybe it's because people joke about the 7-year itch (!) and so if we're still going strong so far we must be doing right. But in reality, for me, I think it's just about how we've survived (or are still surviving!) those crazy years with filled with babies, sleepless nights, nappies, etc and still manage to share a glass of wine together in the evenings and have a civil word to say to each other! If that's not a sign of something good, then I'm not sure what is!

To celebrate I've booked us a little night away without the littlies (hooray - thanks grandma!). It's only partly a surprise as I have let it be known that I've booked somewhere but I have kept the destination a surprise for a little added excitement. I can't wait to have a bit of space to just hang out together again, have a laugh and not to be refereeing between the kids for once. Now I just need to think of a nice anniversary present for M - we may have been together a while but I still have almost no idea what he would deem a cool present! Men, so tricky to buy for!

If I had to drop a (largish) hint for a special present for this anniversary I would definitely say that a pretty necklace would put a big smile on my face! I've long admired Alex Monroe jewellery and these two have to be my faves -

Baby Bee Necklace - so classic, so beautiful!


Hummingbird Necklace - in mid-flight, so pretty!

I know I can be hard to buy for sometimes but I think I may have just pointed him in the right direction! :)

7 years... Does that make us an old married couple yet?!


1 comments:

  1. Yay, enjoy your stay just the two of you. And congratulations on your anniversary! We are coming up on nine years, I can't believe it but I suppose we must still like each other too! X

    ReplyDelete

neat little things All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger